Friday, March 2, 2012

Being kind to myself.

Contentment.

We all want this. To be happy, you have to be fully contented, fully at peace with everything around you.

Just last week, I was in Johannesburg. It was a beautiful day, everyone's in good spirits. Me and most of my colleagues (around 16 people) showed up for dinner at the Meat Co. I ordered ribs and got the shock of my life-- the word 'huge' was served on a plate and I had to consume it!




I tried my best to finish it but I was greedy to have ordered an appetizer before this so I struggled. In all fairness, I was able to almost finish the ribs, but the onion rings and mash were hardly touched. Sayang oh! My colleague was about to celebrate his birthday so I asked the Meat Co. guys to surprise him with something. They came with a big bowl of ice cream and a birthday candle. Then we all sang! Yey! :)
Dinner was fun but I decided to skip the night cap because I wanted to enjoy my stay at the hotel. The room's really nice.




I was planning on just having a half bath because I already took a shower right after we arrived but the tub was so inviting, I couldn't resist! I don't really use tubs in hotels but I made an exemption to this one. It was so spacious! I rinsed out the tub first. Then, I dimmed the lights, filled up the tub with hot water, turned the music on, got myself immersed in the water and rested my head on a towel. I almost fell asleep. I fought it by belting out my favorite songs. Hay, happy days!




The next day, I woke up and ordered my breakfast. It was the usual... The best part for me was their butter! It's the best tasting butter ever!




I took a shower afterwards. Then it hit me. That feeling of contentment. That feeling of happiness. I don't know where it came from. Was it because I saw a lot of happy faces the day before? Was it the ribs? Was it my soak in the tub? Was it my breakfast? Was it the anticipation of having a day off with Paolo? Was it finally getting that 'something' that I have always wanted? Was it the butter?!!

I had no idea. I just felt happy. Complete. Contented. I was humbled. I felt blessed and I thanked the Lord.

I don't always get that and when I do, I want to remember it.

Whoever you are, wherever you may be, I sincerely wish that you get that kind of feeling, too. And when you do, I hope you find the time to share it. Let's spread happiness... cause it will always find its way back to us. :)


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete