Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kamsahamnida!

The Urban Dictionary gave me 11 definitions of Foodie, the most popular of which is:
~A person that spends a keen amount of attention and energy on knowing the ingredients of food, the proper preparation of food, and finds great enjoyment in top-notch ingredients and exemplary preparation.
A foodie is not necessarily a food snob, only enjoying delicacies and/or food items difficult to obtain and/or expensive foods; though, that is a variety of foodie.

But the definition I can relate to the most is:
~A foodie is a person who loves or has a deep admiration for food and eating food. Does not neccesarily have to be fat, but like eating. They might feel happy or very at peace when being around food.
If you like food, you are a foodie.

I guess that makes most of us a foodie. Now you can add another description of yourself in your resume.

I'm here again in Seoul and that's where the 'foodie' thing was coming from. I would love to go on holiday here just to eat. I'm only here for 24 hours, not much time so that's exactly what I did. I ate. A lot!

Sabasaba chicken.


It's like BonChon, Kyochon or Charlie Chicken. Korean style fried chicken's the tastiest fried chicken I've ever tried so far. This was my mission, to try the real thing. They do it so well here! It was crispy on the outside, the meat was juicy and the glaze was just right, it was not overwhelming, enough to make you take a couple more. They had so many chicken flavors and I chose the garlic soy. Yummy!


The place was busy with football fans, glad we had a corner table so we managed an almost peaceful dinner.


Let's look at the small details: a small bin for chicken bones, 2 forks instead of a knife and fork (I ate with my fingers though), a side dish and some crisps before the chicken arrived. The side was radish. It was so fresh and bursting with flavor(sweet, sour and salty plus that distinct radish taste all at once!) It's unlimited so you can order as much as you want.


Mission accomplished! Nomnomnom...

After dinner, we went straight to the supermarket. Food again! This is actually my thing. I love cooking so it follows that I enjoy going to supermarkets. I can spend hours and hours, wandering around.


Kimchi, noodles, condiments and so much more! How I wish I can read and understand Korean! This supermarket is called E-mart, two levels of Korean goodness! Pictured above is my favorite tea. It's a brown rice green tea which you can have hot or cold.

My stay here will never be complete without my favorite Korean BBQ!


Clockwise: BBQ, kimchi soup (my favorite!), rice with kimchi soup and seaweeds and side dishes.

I asked for a business card only to find out later that it was all in Korean. This is in Gang nam area and at 10:30am, I was the only one having BBQ! Sweet!


I will not lie. It was too early and too much for me, I felt sick after my meal haha! But it was so good, I know I will come back, I always do.

On a totally different note, Seoul has done so well for itself. The city's really clean. I'm so familiar with busy subways and underground, I almost got scared walking alone in the underground. :)


There goes my 24 hours! Kamsahamnida, Korea!

~Kamsahamnida means thank you in Korean~


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Seoul, South Korea

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy! I so love your blog! :P Lahat ng post gusto kong comment-an, haha! But I'll start with this. :)

    I guess I'm a foodie too. Alas, even if it doesn't mean that you have to be one, I'm... fat! Haha! :P

    Will definitely be a frequent visitor to your blog! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, most pinoys are foodie. We love food! :) hehe.
    Thanks for visiting the blog, Dea! I regularly read deagwapa... :) take care and enjoy your wedding preparations:)

    ReplyDelete