Monday, August 15, 2011

No Reservations


I was reunited with my Bourdain fixation. If you don't know Anthony Bourdain, you were probably holed up somewhere so uncool and mundane. Joke! But seriously, he's as solid as ice, so cool it hurts. I sound like a lovestruck teenager and if you look him up on the net and see his picture, you'll probably say, WTH! No worries, you're excused. Watch No Reservations and you'll probably download the whole season.


This guy is living my dream! There are so many travel and food shows. Next to Bourdain, I like Bobby Chinn and David Zimmern. But they don't come close. Bourdain is the real deal for me. Blunt and straightforward, interesting without trying so hard. He doesn't have to do acrobatic facial expressions or let out silly remarks. He travels around the world, samples the dishes, makes interesting commentaries, mingles with the locals and everything's transformed into one helluva show. He eats street food with so much gusto, you just wanna buy a plane ticket and fly to his destination. So convincing! I love No Reservations! He might have been placed in a situation wherein he eats something others would not consider as food. But he's Bourdain, he will eat it. He's like Bear Grylls, invincible (on TV)!


Our friend, Mike, gave us seasons worth of No Reservations and it got me so motivated to write my appraisals... so that I will have time to watch. Haha! I'm replaying his feature on the Philippines and I can almost smell Pilipinas. He tried www.market manila.com 's lechon and decided that we have 'The best pig... Ever!' Yehey!

Travels are not exactly cheap. They require preparations and saving up. For me, the next best thing to experiencing a place is food. And if it's too much. You have Bourdain. No reservations required. Just sit back, relax and let Bourdain be.

~Photos are all taken from the tv screen while watching No Reservations~



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment