Friday, January 1, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever..

Let me take you down,
'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

Dad was the one who introduced Beatles to me. When I was little, some of my mornings were welcomed by the Beatles singing on the radio. Now that I no longer live with my parents, everytime I hear the Beatles, it reminds me of our home, the smell of my dad's coffee and the feeling of being young and carefree. I can't think of any concerns that bothered me then. Maybe just the househelp who was so OC, she would not let any of my playmates go inside the house. Ate Tina.. don't worry, I understand you now. When I was thinking of something that would be right for my blog, Strawberry Fields was the first one that came up. I love how the song sounds hazy.. like being in a dreamworld. Everytime we drive up to Baguio ( my favorite place in Pinas for so many sentimental reasons), I sing this in my mind. No, I don't live in a dreamworld but I love thinking of things that make me happy, that bring me back to wonderful and familiar places. In my case, nothing is more powerful than a song. So, let me take you down 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields..

It's the first day of the year. May we all have another great year! And may we all have Strawberry Fields that we can visit every now and then. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment