Saturday, July 23, 2011

Glutton in Bangkok

I was sick but duty called for it so I went. Besides, Bangkok is so close to my heart, I was able to find enough motivation to gather myself together and survive the trip. With pleasure. :)

Across our hotel, there's a small restaurant which I have come to love. Mr. Lee's! I did not eat the whole flight so in my mind, I deserve all the calories I could take.

Tom Yum Soup. If you haven't tried it, now's the time. It's almost like our beloved sinigang plus the spice and aroma that Thai food is known for. I had sore throat and the hot and sour soup was a relief for me.





I wanted something simple and comforting so I also ordered the humble salted fried chicken. How can you go wrong with that? It's almost like Max's, if only they had Jufran Ketchup.




To pick up some vitamin C, I had pomelo for dessert.




These, a glass of pepsi, 2 bowls of rice, my vitamins, a couple of meds and an hour and a half of aromatherapy massage sent me to 14 hours of sweet lullabye. Burberri Spa's tea reminded me of The Spa's Ginger Tea. Bangkok makes me feel like I'm in Manila. Almost.




I usually do serious shopping in Bangkok. I love Platinum Mall! Last November, I went on holiday with my parents and Paolo in Bangkok and almost everyday, for 5 days, we were at the Platinum Mall. My parents loved it, too. It's literally a shopping mall of non branded clothes and they do wholesale! Treasures are everywhere, just take your time to look around.




And treasures can also be found at the 6th floor of Platinum Mall! The food court!! I have noticed that Thai peeps have a love affair with food. Even the cheapest food are presented so well, you know it's yum even before you eat it. The food were fresh and cooked on the spot, not like the usual ones you see where the food are displayed from morning til night. I did not feel like shopping because I was not feeling well so I compensated myself with a big lunch! This is my staple order, mussel omelette! Sometimes, I order oysters instead of mussels, just as good!




Rice with Stirfried Kai Lan and crispy pork! Spicy, salty and sweet. I'll order this again next time!





I'm including my colleague, Me-ann's side dish. The bagoong was so yum!





I ordered tomyum again, but it tasted weird so I snubbed it :) I was with two fellow Pinays who loved food as much as I did so I did not feel bad eating so much. :)

After platinum, we went to MBK and went grocery shopping at Top's. My favorite past time! I bought some mangosteens and lanzones, plus a couple of household necessities. I also bought my lunch at the supermarket. :) The whole trip we were talking about fried fish and I really craved for it so, hello tilapia! I also had rice, Thai omelette, stir fried kangkong and fried pork strips. It's disgusting to think how much I ate! I could have eaten more if I was not sick. :)



So that was it for my Bangkok. I planned on doing more but because health is more important, I decided to take it easy. I shall return for some unfinished business haha!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment