Monday, July 18, 2011

Korean hangover

My recent trip to Seoul led me to further cravings for Korean food. I brought home 2kg of kimchi and I've been having kimchi soup almost everyday. I wanted to make my own kimchi using a recipe which I got from www.maangchi.com. However, I got lazy and just decided to buy another kilogram of kimchi. That's a lot easier. I also bought a big jar of red pepper paste. Today, I decided to make use of it. From maangchi's blog I found a recipe for fried chicken using the red pepper paste and... Tada!


If you're familiar with BonChon then it's something like that. I used maangchi's recipe for the spicy one. For the garlic soy, I just used garlic, light soy sauce which I got from Korea and honey. Not bad... I actually think it's super yummy! :)

The other day, we had lunch at BonChon. So cute to see post it notes all over the wall.


Our friend, Nur, was with us also.



I ordered a combo meal of kimchi fried rice, fried dumplings and garlic soy chicken wings. The chicken was yummy and so are the dumplings. Finger lickin' good at BonChon! LOL!


My only comment is that the kimchi fried rice could be better. It was more like red pepper paste fried rice. I want more kimchi in there pls! But nevertheless, it was one yummy meal perfectly downed with a glass of ice cold pepsi. Burrrrp! I shall come back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment